West Farleigh, Kent
Home Up Master Index DNA Search Sending Info About
 

West Farleigh, Kent

West Farleigh Hall

Several of the Aylesford Culpepers were associated with West Farleigh.

According to parish registers, John Culpeper (1560-?), son of Edward (who buried at West Farleigh) and Parnilla (daughter and heiress of Thomas Coveney of West Farleigh), had four children baptized at West Farleigh: Diana in 1592, Edward in 1593. John in 1595 and Robert in 1596.

West Farleigh Hall, marked on the map as an antiquity, needs to be researched to see if it might have been a Culpeper home. It may have originally belonged to the Coveney's and possibly came to the Culpepers through Edward Culpeper's marriage to Parnilla, heiress of Thomas Coveney.

Location: At the intersection of the B-2163 and Smith's Hill Road

National Grid Coordinates:
TQ 714 526

West Farleigh Church, MArch 2000All Saints Church

Ancient Parish
Original registers from 1539

Location: 
National Grid Coordinates
: TQ 715 535

Photograph taken by Warren Culpepper, March 2000.

West Farleigh, Kent

1831 Topographical Dictionary
FARLEIGH (WEST), a parish in the hundred of TWYFORD, lathe of AYLESFORD, county of KENT, 3 miles (W.S.W.) from Maidstone, containing 364 inhabitants. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is principally in the early style of English architecture. This place, which rises gradually from the southern bank of the Medway, has been the residence of genteel families for centuries; the houses are prettily detached, and there are communications with the opposite side of the river by three bridges, viz., Barnjet, St. Helen's, and Teston.

Location:
10 miles N of Goudhurst and 2 miles SW of Maidstone on the B2010.

National Grid Coordinates:
TQ 715 535

Last Revised: 02 Jan 2015

 

 
 Home Up Master Index DNA Search Sending Info About

Culpepper Connections! The Culpepper Family History Site