Male, #59400, (Oct 1939 - 17 Jun 2015)
|Father*||Prentiss Albert Culpepper1 (May 1909 - Nov 1959)|
|Mother*||Louise Culpepper of Anderson, SC1 (17 Mar 1914 - 29 Sep 1995)|
|DNA*||Genealogical research shows that Gerald is a descendant of William Ebenezer Culpepper who is believed to have born out of wedlock to Santilla Culpepper. A Y-DNA test of one descendant of William Ebenezer shows no direct paternal relation to other Culpeppers. However, there probably is a blood relationship of members of this branch to the mainline Culpeppers through their mother, Santilla.|
|Birth*||Oct 1939||He was born in Oct 1939 at Hazlehurst, Jeff Davis Co., Georgia.3,4|
|Death of Father||Nov 1959||His father Prentiss Albert Culpepper died in Nov 1959 at Gadsden Co., Florida.5|
|Death of Mother||29 Sep 1995||His mother Louise Culpepper of Anderson, SC died on 29 Sep 1995 at Anderson, Anderson Co., South Carolina.6,7|
|Residence*||2001||Gerald resided at Anderson, Anderson Co., South Carolina, in 2001.2|
|Death*||17 Jun 2015||He died at Anderson, Anderson Co., South Carolina, on 17 Jun 2015 at age 75.4|
|Obituary*||say 18 Jun 2015||Gerald Michael Culpepper, age 75, passed away on Wednesday, June 17, 2015.|
Born in Hazelhurst, GA, he was the son of the late Prentiss Albert Culpepper and the late Louise Crosby Culpepper. He proudly served his country in the United States Army. Gerald was the owner and operator of Advanced Detection Systems since 1993. He was an avid pilot and aviation enthusiast. Gerald exhibited a tough demeanor but a loving spirit.
He is survived by his sons, Stephen A. Culpepper and his wife Kathy, of Anderson, Gerald M. Culpepper, Jr., of Starr, SC and Glenn B. Culpepper and his wife Stacy, of Belton, SC; a daughter, Cheryl Billings and her husband, James, of Starr, SC; and six grandchildren, Anna, MJ, Chase, Caitlin, Austin, and Emma.
The Graveside Service will be held on Saturday, June 20, 2015, at 11:30 a.m. at Forest Lawn Memorial Park with Dr. Johnny F. McKinney officiating.
The family will be at the home of Stephen and Kathy Culpepper, 433 Cathey Road, Anderson, SC and will receive friends at The McDougald Funeral Home on Friday, June 19, 2015 from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m.
Flowers will be accepted.4
|Charts||John Culpepper of Jones Co., GA: Descendant Chart|
|Last Edited||23 Jun 2015|
- E-mail written Sep 2008 to Culpepper Connections from Gerald Michael Culpepper (#59402), Greenville, SC, e-mail address.
- From QRZ.com: Amateur Radio License KD4BSN Gerald M Culpepper, Anderson, SC.
- MyFamily.com Inc., compiler, US Public Records Index, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
- Obituary of Gerald Culpepper, published in the Anderson Independent Mail.
- State of Florida Health Department / Office of Vital Records, compiler, Florida Death Index, 1936-1998, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2004.
Prentice Albert Culpepper, Vol 2098, Cert 38818, Gadsden Co., FL, White, Male, - Nov 1959.
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- R. Wayne Bratcher, compiler, Anderson County Cemeteries (9 volumes), Greenville, SC: A. Press, 1985-2006, Repository: LDS Family History Library - Salt Lake City, Call No. US/CAN Book 975.725 V3b.
Forest Lawn Cemetery, Hwy 29 N, Anderson, Anderson Co., SC
+ Louise Crosby Culpepper, 17 Mar 1914 - 29 Sep 1995.
- Anderson Independent-Mail, Anderson, South Carolina.
Obituary of Sarah R. Scarbrough Quinton (#59403), published 2 Apr 2007.