Female, #5889, (20 Apr 1840 - 22 Feb 1918)
|Birth*||20 Apr 1840 ||Nicey was born at Alabama on 20 Apr 1840.2 |
|Marriage*||15 Jan 1860 ||She married Micajah Culpepper at Henry Co., Alabama, on 15 Jan 1860 at age 19.3 |
|Married Name||15 Jan 1860 || As of 15 Jan 1860, her married name was Culpepper.3 |
|1860 Census||1 Jun 1860 ||Nicey listed as a household member living with Micajah Culpepper in the 1860 Census at Lawrenceville, Henry Co., Alabama.4 |
|Birth of Son||Jan 1861 ||Her son Jefferson Davis Culpepper was born in Jan 1861 at Henry Co., Alabama. |
|Birth of Son||6 May 1862 ||Her son Joseph Mandeville Culpepper was born on 6 May 1862 at Henry Co., Alabama.5 |
|Birth of Son||Oct 1864 ||Her son Thomas Quincy Culpepper was born in Oct 1864 at Henry Co., Alabama. |
|Birth of Son||24 Nov 1869 ||Her son Isaac Williamson Culpepper was born on 24 Nov 1869 at Henry Co., Alabama.6,7 |
|Birth of Son||26 Oct 1872 ||Her son John Wesley Culpepper was born on 26 Oct 1872 at Henry Co., Alabama.8 |
|Birth of Son||8 Sep 1878 ||Her son Robert Lee Culpepper was born on 8 Sep 1878 at Henry Co., Alabama.9 |
|1880 Census||1 Jun 1880 ||Nicey was listed as Micajah Culpepper's wife on the 1880 Census at Hardwickburg, Henry Co., Alabama.10 |
|Photographed*||say 1900 ||She was photographed say 1900 at Henry Co., Alabama.11|
Micajah & Nicey (Armstrong) Culpepper
|1900 Census||1 Jun 1900 ||Nicey was listed as Micajah Culpepper's wife on the 1900 Census at Hardwickburg, Henry Co., Alabama.12 |
|Death of Spouse||6 Jul 1903 ||Her husband Micajah Culpepper died on 6 Jul 1903 at Henry Co., Alabama.2 |
|1910 Census*||15 Apr 1910 ||Nicey was listed as the head of a family on the 1910 Census at Hardwickburg, Henry Co., Alabama.13 |
|Death*||22 Feb 1918 ||She died at Henry Co., Alabama, on 22 Feb 1918 at age 77.14,2 |
|Burial*||circa 24 Feb 1918 ||Her body was interred circa 24 Feb 1918 at Old Union Cemetery, Henry Co., Alabama.2 |
- Dick Culpepper Records, Warren H. 'Dick' Culpepper, Provo, UT, to Lew Griffin.
- Mrs. Marvin Scott, compiler, Tomb Inscriptions and Cemetery Notices, Climax, GA: E. H. Hayes, 1958, Repository: LDS Family History Library - Salt Lake City, Call No. US/CAN 976.131 V3sm.
Old Union Cemetery, Henry Co., AL
+ Micajah Culpepper, 22 Oct 1837 - 6 Jul 1903
+ Nicey Culpepper, 20 Apr 1840 - 22 Feb 1918.
- Helon H. Cutter, compiler, Henry County, Alabama Records, Volume II, 1821-1901 Marriage Records, Tallahassee, FL: Rose Printing Co., 1992, Repository: LDS Family History Library - Salt Lake City, Call No. US/CAN 976.131 X2c v.2.
Micajah Culpepper married Nicey Armstrong on 15 Jan 1860 in Henry Co., Alabama, Book 1821-1868, page 340.
- 1860 Federal Census, United States.
Page 133, Lines 6-7, Lawrenceville, Henry Co., AL
Micajah Culpepper, 22, M, Farmer, PE=$150, AL
Nicy Culpepper, 18, F, Farmer, AL.
- USGenWeb Archives.
New Park Cemetery, Ft. Gaines, Clay Co., GA. Transcribed by Hugh T. Singleton from The History of Clay County, 1976:
Joseph Mandeville Culpepper Sr., 6 May 1862 - 12 Dec 1934.
- 1900 Federal Census, United States.
Page 27A, Family 272, Ft. Gaines, Clay Co., GA
William Culpepper, Head, M, Nov 1869, 30, md 0 yrs, AL/AL/AL, Dry Goods Salesman
Clyde H. Culpepper, Wife, F, Sep 1870, 29, md 0 yrs, ch 0/0, GA/TN/GA.
- E-mail written Feb 2005 to Warren Culpepper from Scott Dawsey, e-mail address.
- LDS Members of the Dothan Branch Genealogical Committee, compiler, Inscriptions of All White Cemeteries of Houston Co., Alabama, Dothan, AL: , 1959, Repository: LDS Family History Library - Salt Lake City, Call No. US/CAN Book 976.1295 V3d.
Dothan City Cemetery, Houston Co., AL
+ John Wesley Culpepper, 26 Oct 1872 - 9 Jun 1937
+ Lena M. Clark Culpepper, 27 Apr 1883 - 12 Feb 1929.
- Gayle & Ron Thomas, compiler, e-mail address, Survey of Old Union Cemetery in Henry County, Alabama
, May 2001.
- 1880 Federal Census, United States.
ED 82, Page 606B, Hardwicks, Henry Co., AL
M. Culpepper, Self, M, md, Wh, 43, Farming, AL/SC/SC
Nicey Culpepper, Wife, F, md, Wh, 38, Keeps House, AL/SC/SC
Davis Culpepper, Son, M, sng, Wh, 19, Farm Labor, AL/AL/AL
Joseph M. Culpepper, Son, M, sng, Wh, 17, Farm Labor, AL/AL/AL
Thomas Culpepper, Son, M, sng, Wh, 15, Farm Labor, AL/AL/AL
Isaac W. Culpepper, Son, M, sng, Wh, 10, Farm Labor, AL/AL/AL
John Culpepper, Son, M, sng, Wh, 8, AL/AL/AL
Caneis Culpepper, Dau, F, sng, Wh, 6, AL/AL/AL
Clifford Culpepper, Dau, F, sng, Wh, 4, AL/AL/AL
Robert L. Culpepper, Son, M, sng, Wh, 2, AL/AL/AL
Lucy Culpepper, Dau, F, sng, Wh, 6M, AL/AL/AL.
- E-mail written 2004-2007 to Lew Griffin & Warren Culpepper from Shannon Leigh Smith Adcock (#50273), Haw River, NC, e-mail address.
- 1900 Federal Census, United States.
ED 88, Page 13A, Lines 28-31, Hardwicksburg, Henry Co., AL
Micajah Culpepper, Head, Wh, M, Oct 1836, 63, md-40yrs, AL/SC/AL
Nicy Culpepper, Wife, Wh, F, May 1839, 61, md-40yrs, ch 12/10, AL/SC/AL
Robert L. Culpepper, Son, Wh, M, Sep 1877, 22, sng, AL/AL/AL
Ella E. Culpepper, Daughter, Wh, F, Aug 1883, 16, sng, AL/AL/AL.
- 1910 Federal Census, United States.
ED 120, Page 14B, Lines 79-80, Hardwicksburg, Henry Co., AL
Nitus Culpepper, Head, F, Wh, 70, wid, ch 12/10, AL/AL/AL
Mary E. Singleton, Servant, F, Wh, 49, sng, GA/GA/GA.
- State of Alabama Center for Health Statistics / Record Services Division, compiler, Alabama Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2011.
Nicey Culpepper died 22 Jan 1918 in Henry Co., Alabama.