Paul Horacio Culpeper1
Male, #52025, (2 Nov 1911 - 28 Nov 1942)
|Name-AltSpell|| ||This surname is sometimes spelled Culpepper. |
|Name Variation|| ||He was also known as Pablo.2 |
|Birth*||2 Nov 1911 ||He was born on 2 Nov 1911 at Arecibo, Puerto Rico.4 |
|Birth||2 Nov 1912 ||He was born on 2 Nov 1912 at Puerto Rico.1 |
|1920 Census||1 Jan 1920 ||Paul, Samuel and José was listed as a son in an unknown person 's household on the 1920 Census at Monserrate, Arecibo, Puerto Rico.3 |
|Death of Father||14 Apr 1927 ||His father Rev. Samuel Aloyssus Culpeper Y Whiteside died on 14 Apr 1927 at Arecibo, Puerto Rico.5,4 |
|1930 Census||1 Apr 1930 ||Samuel, José and Paul was listed as a son in Carmen Nieves Y Silva's household on the 1930 Census at Mayaguez, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico.2 |
|Marriage*||23 Nov 1938 ||He married Ursula Vazquez Rodriguez at Ponce, Puerto Rico, on 23 Nov 1938 at age 27.6 |
|World War II*||between 1940 and 1942 ||He served in World War II between 1940 and 1942|
(Captain, Company A 85th Infantry US Army.)1
|Death*||28 Nov 1942 ||He died at San Juan, San Juan, Puerto Rico, on 28 Nov 1942 at age 31.1,4 |
|Burial*||27 Jan 1960 ||His body was interred on 27 Jan 1960 at Puerto Rico National Cemetery, Bayamon, Bayamon, Puerto Rico.1 |
|Note*|| ||Researcher's note by Warren Culpepper: When I transcribed some of the Puerto Rican censuses, I erroneously interpreted a Race/Color code of B to mean Black. I subsequently discovered that B was for Blanco, which is Spanish for White. The transcriptions were referenced in too many events to easily correct, so this note will have to suffice. The Culpepers of Puerto Rico are a Caucasian family.7 |
- National Cemetery Administration, compiler, US Veterans Gravesites, 1775-2006, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2006.
Paul Horacio Culpeper, 2 Nov 1912 - 28 Nov 1942, Served 1 Dec 1940 - 28 Nov 1942 as Captain, Company A 85th Infantry US Army, Interred 27 Jan 1960 in Puerto Rico National Cemetery, Section F, Site 1218.
- 1930 Federal Census, United States.
ED 39-8, Page 3B Lines 99-100, Page 4A, Lines 1-3, Mayaguez, Mayaguez Co., PR
Carmen Nieves Vda Culpeper, Head, Black, 41, Wid, PR/PR/PR
Samuel B. Culpeper, Son, Black, 22, Sng, PR/PR/PR
Jose B. Culpeper, Son, Black, 20, Sng, PR/PR/PR
Pablo H. Culpeper, Son, Black 18, Sng, PR/PR/PR
Carmen J. Culpeper, Dau, Black, 15, Sng, PR/PR/PR.
- 1920 Federal Census, United States.
ED 185, Page A21, Lines 1-6, Monserrate, Arecibo Co., PR
Samuel Culpeper y Anderson, Head, Black, 41, Md, Guam/PR/PR, Minister
Carmen Nieves y Silva de Culpeper, Head, Black, 33, Md, PR/PR/PR
Samuel Culpeper y Nieves, Son, Black, 12, Sng, PR/Guam/PR
Jose E. Culpeper y Nieves, Son, Black, 10, Sng, PR/Guam/PR
Pablo H. Culpeper y Nieves, Son, Black 8, Sng, PR/Guam/PR
Carmen E. Culpeper y Nieves, Dau, Black, 6, Sng, PR/Guam/PR.
- Familysearch.com, Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, 1805-2000.
- E-mail written 8 Feb 1998 (e-mail address as of Mar 2006) to GENMTD-L at Rootsweb.com from Carmen Culpeper Chapell (#52972), http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/GENMTD/1998-02/0886964099, e-mail address.
- E-mail written Apr 2005 to Warren L. Culpepper from Juan Carlos Culpeper (#52284), Puerto Rico, e-mail address.
- Warren L. Culpepper (#1942), Former publisher of Culpepper Connections, e-mail address.