Male, #51563, (3 Aug 1924 - 26 Jul 1992)
|Father*||Carroll Wesley Culpepper1 (23 Oct 1888 - 25 Nov 1934)|
|Mother*||Kitty Wells Seig1 (21 May 1895 - 26 Jun 1990)|
|Birth*||3 Aug 1924||He was born on 3 Aug 1924 at Geneva, Seminole Co., Florida.1,2,3|
|1930 Census||1 Apr 1930||Carroll, John and Vernon was listed as a son in an unknown person 's household on the 1930 Census at Geneva, Seminole Co., Florida.1,4|
|Death of Father||25 Nov 1934||His father Carroll Wesley Culpepper died on 25 Nov 1934 at Geneva, Seminole Co., Florida.5|
|SSN*||between 1936 and 1950||His Social Security Number was issued between 1936 and 1950 in Virginia.3|
|World War II*||between 1942 and 1945||He served in World War II between 1942 and 1945.6|
|Biography*||1976||John after serving in U.S. Navy, WW II, has had a varied career in businesses in Winter Park, Orlando, Cocoa, and Melbourne, Florida. He has been associated with Gulf Oil Company for many years. Recently sold his business in Melbourne.6|
|Death of Mother||26 Jun 1990||His mother Kitty Wells Seig died on 26 Jun 1990 at Altamonte Springs, Seminole Co., Florida.7|
|Death*||26 Jul 1992||He died at Cocoa Beach, Brevard Co., Florida, on 26 Jul 1992 at age 67.2,3|
|Obituary*||28 Jul 1992||Cocoa - John Neal Culpepper Sr., 67, a coordinator for McDonnell Douglas in Titusville, died Sunday, July 26, at Wuesthoff Hospital in Rockledge. Mr. Culpepper was born in Sanford. He came to Brevard County 40 years ago from Geneva. He was a Navy veteran of World War II and a member of the MacDac Bass Club.|
Survivors include his wife, Marian Culpepper of Cocoa; sons John Culpepper Jr., of Merritt Island and Bob Packard and Charles Packard, both of Rockledge; daughter, Susan Manning of Lutz; sisters, Margaret Wolcott of Oviedo and Khadra Ward of geneva; brothers, Carroll Culpepper of Panama City and Vernon Culpepper of San Antoniol and 13 grandchildren.
No calling hours are scheduled. Memorial services are 2 p.m. today at Wylie-Baxley Funeral Home in Rockledge. Donations may be made to the First Methodist Church, 825 Forrest Ave., Cocoa 32922.8
|Marian Catherine Walden|
|Charts||William Culpepper of Warren Co., GA: Descendant Chart|
|Last Edited||5 Nov 2012|
- 1930 Federal Census, United States.
ED 59-12, Sheet 2A, Lines 32-39, Geneva-Oviedo Rd., Geneva, Seminole Co., FL
Rent=$15, Radio=N, Farm=N
Carroll W. Culpepper, Head, M, 34, md@23, FL/GA/GA, Operator/Bus Line & Trucks
Kitty Wells Culpepper, Wife, F, 34, md@16, GA/GA/GA
Khadra A. Culpepper, Dau, F, W, 17, Sng, FL/FL/GA
C. Louise Culpepper, Dau, F, W, 13, Sng, FL/FL/GA
Carroll W. Culpepper, Jr., Son, M, W, 10, Sng, FL/FL/GA
Margaret M. Culpepper, Dau, F, W, 7, Sng, FL/FL/GA
John N. Culpepper, Son, M, W, 5, Sng, FL/FL/GA
Vernon M. Culpepper, Son, M, W, 10, Sng, FL/FL/GA.
- State of Florida Health Department / Office of Vital Records, compiler, Florida Death Index, 1936-1998, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2004.
John Neal Culpepper, Cert 80603, Brevard Co., FL, White, 03 Aug 1924 - 26 Jul 1992.
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- The 1930 census record age was for Vernon was transcribed in error. It is actually "3 9/12."
- USGenWeb Archives.
Geneva Cemetery, Geneva, Seminole County, Florida
+ Carroll W. Culpepper, 23 Oct 1888 - 25 Nov 1934.
- Khadra Ann Culpepper Ward, Siegs in Eight Generations, Winter Park, Florida: Ward, 1976, Repository: LDS Family History Library - Salt Lake City, Call No. 929.273 Si15b.
- E-mail written 2003-2008 to Culpepper Connections from Linda Dianne Herring Crompton, e-mail address.
- Obituary of John Neal Culpepper Sr. (#51563), published 26 Jul 1992 in an unknown newspaper and provided by Linda Crompton.