|Father*||Jack Lanier Culpepper3 (1 Jan 1923 - 28 May 2004)|
|Mother*||Ann Benton3 (18 Sep 1926 - 16 Nov 2004)|
|Charts||Orphan / John J. Culpepper of Jackson Co., FL: Descendant Chart|
|Last Edited||20 Aug 2011|
- James Benton Culpepper.
- JAMES B. CULPEPPER (Retired Sep. 12, 2006)
James B. Culpepper, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Chief, Aircraft and Missile Support Division, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. He is responsible for the planning, programming and budget policies for aircraft and initial and replacement spares, Working Capital Funds, logistics-related operations and maintenance actvities, and depot maintenance programs.
Mr. Culpepper entered federal service in 1969 as a co-op engineer trainee at the Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins Air Force Base, Ga. He has worked with the government of Japan as the base closure officer for Naha Air Base, Okinawa, and negotiated joint use agreements and relocation construction programs. Mr. Culpepper directed acquisition logistics for the joint cruise missile engine, and directed the managing of the logistics management system modernization programs. He has handled ALC management programs, depot maintenance, and engineering and inventory control at Sacramento ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif. From September 1994 until his current assignment, Mr. Culpepper was assigned to the Warner Robins ALC where he held three director positions, most recently, Director of Maintenance.
1973 Bachelor of Science degree in industrial systems engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta
1978 Professional Military Comptroller School, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1979 Master of Science degree in system program management, University of Southern California
1983 Program Management Course, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1983 Air War College, by seminar
1990 Program for Senior Executive Fellows, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge, Mass.
1995 Leadership for a Democratic Society, Federal Executive Institute, Washington, D.C.
1. January 1969 - June 1972, industrial engineer co-op in avionics maintenance, Warner Robins ALC, Robins AFB, Ga.
2. June l972 - January 1976, industrial engineer in avionics maintenance, Warner Robins ALC, Robins AFB, Ga.
3. January 1976 - March 1981, Chief, Industrial Engineering Branch, 18th Tactical Fighter Wing Civil Engineering, Kadena AB, Japan
4. March 1981 - January 1983, logistics management specialist, Joint Cruise Missile Project Office, Washington, D.C.
5. January 1983 - February 1985, Chief, Program Formulation Group, Directorate of Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. February 1985 - September 1985, Chief of Program Support for Staff Development, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics Management Systems, Headquarters Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. September 1985 - January 1986, Director of Program and Management Support, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics Management Systems, Headquarters AFLC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. January 1986 - September 1988, Deputy Commander's Program Control Action Office, Logistics Systems Management System Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9 September 1988 - March 1989, Deputy, Space Systems Division, Sacramento ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif.
10. March 1989 - January 1991, executive assistant to the Commander, Sacramento ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif.
11. January 1991 - September 1994, Deputy, Detachment 25, later, Deputy Director of Aircraft Management, Sacramento ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif.
12. September 1994 - October 1998, Director of Financial Management and Comptroller, Warner Robins ALC, Robins AFB, Ga.
13. October 1998 - August 2002, Director, Logistics Management Directorate, Warner Robins ALC, Robins AFB, Ga.
14. August 2002 - December 2004, Director, Maintenance Directorate, Warner Robins ALC, Robins AFB, Ga.
15. December 2004 - present, Chief, Aircraft and Missile Support Division, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
Acquisition Logistics, Level III
Communications and Computer, Level II
Program Management, Level III
Financial Management, Level III
(Current as of March 2005)
Source: Official Biography published on US Air Force Website and retreived 31 Aug 2010
- Savannah Morning News, Savannah, GA, http://www.savannahnow.com/.
Obituary of Ann Benton Culpepper, 19 Nov 2004.