Major Douglas Dewayne Culpepper1,2,3
Male, #49584, (19 Jan 1920 - 4 Aug 2000)
|Birth*||19 Jan 1920 ||He was born on 19 Jan 1920 at Okmulgee, Okmulgee Co., Oklahoma.1,4,3 |
|1930 Census||1 Apr 1930 ||Bruce, Lloyd, Claude and Douglas was listed as a son in Calley Ethel Hall's household on the 1930 Census at Okmulgee, Okmulgee Co., Oklahoma.1 |
|SSN*||between 1936 and 1950 ||His Social Security Number was issued between 1936 and 1950 in Texas.4 |
|Military service*||between 1938 and 1958 ||Douglas served in the U. S. Army as an enlisted man and obtained the rank of M/Sgt prior to receiving a commission to 2nd Lt., and served on active duty reaching the rank of Captain until his retirement in 1958. He is a Korean War Veteran. He held a Reserve commission of Major and was givien that rank upon his retirement in 1958 at Fort Bragg, NC.3,5 |
|World War II*||between 1941 and 1945 ||He served in World War II between 1941 and 1945|
(U. S. Army.)3
|Korean War*||between 1952 and 1953 ||He served in the Korean War between 1952 and 1953|
(U. S. Army.)
|Marriage*||24 Mar 1953 ||He married Frankie Russell on 24 Mar 1953 at age 33.6 |
|Residence*||1956 ||Douglas resided at Fort Bragg, Cumberland Co., North Carolina, in 1956. (Presumably, Douglas was stationed at Fort Bragg when his daughter Gloria was born.)7 |
|Divorce*||Nov 1966 ||He and Frankie Russell were divorced in Nov 1966.6 |
|Death of Mother||10 Mar 1979 ||His mother Calley Ethel Hall died on 10 Mar 1979 at Galveston Co., Texas.4 |
|Death*||4 Aug 2000 ||He died at Miami, Dade Co., Florida, on 4 Aug 2000 at age 80.4,3 |
|Burial*||13 Sep 2000 ||His body was interred on 13 Sep 2000 at Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Arlington Co., Virginia.3 |
- 1930 Federal Census, United States.
ED 27, Sheet 4A, Pg 56, 1113 Mile one No Alabama, Okmulgee, Okmulgee Co., OK
Rent=Y, Radio=N, Farm=N,
Ethel C. Culpepper, Head, F, 43, WD, md@n/a, TX TX TX, Seamstress-At Home
Bruce G. Culpepper, Son, M, 16, S, TX TX TX
Lloyd B. Culpepper, Son, M, 15, S, TX TX TX
Claud N. Culpepper, Son, M, 12, S, OK TX TX
Douglas D. Culpepper, Son, M, 10, S, OK TX TX TX.
- E-mail written Aug 2004 to Warren L. Culpepper from Janette Bullock Culpepper (#50439), e-mail address.
- National Cemetery Administration, compiler, US Veterans Gravesites, 1775-2006, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2006.
Douglas Dewayne Culpepper, 19 Jan 1920 - 4 Aug 2000, Served 26 Apr 1938 to 31 Dec 1958 as Major in the US Army, Interred 13 Sep 2000 in Arlington National Cemetery, Section 5-G Row 22, Site 3.
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- Howard Wayne Culpepper, Lacey's Spring, AL
Pep C. <e-mail address>
- E-mail written 18 Jun 2011 to Warren Culpepper from Gloria Denise Culpepper Bowden (#57033), e-mail address.
- MyFamily.com Inc. (Original data: Register of Deeds. North Carolina Birth Indexes. Raleigh NC State Archives), compiler, North Carolina Birth Index, 1800-2000, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
Douglas D Culpepper is the father of Gloria Denise Culpepper, born 12 Jun 1956 in Cumberland Co., NC.
- Texas Department of State Health Services, compiler, Texas Birth Index, 1903 - 1997, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
Douglas Dewayne Culpepper Jr., Male, born __ 1939 in Bexar Co., Texas, child of Douglas Dewayne Culpepper and Clairell Germain McGloflin.