Charles W. Culpepper1
Male, #47879, (31 May 1921 - 15 Dec 1989)
|Research note*|| ||C. W. (Charles W.) Culpepper appears in the 1930 census as an 8-year-old nephew living with Ipo Culpepper. It has not been proven that the father of Charles W. is Ipo's brother, Charles E. Culpepper. One of Ipo's other brothers might be the father of Charles W. If you can help shed light on this, please contact Warren Culpepper.2 |
|Birth*||31 May 1921 ||He was born on 31 May 1921 at Worth Co., Georgia.1,3 |
|1930 Census||1 Apr 1930 ||Charles was listed as a nephew in Ipo Culpepper's household on the 1930 Census at Dasher, Lowndes Co., Georgia.4 |
|Residence*||Mar 1944 ||Charles resided at Charleston, Charleston Co., South Carolina, in Mar 1944.5 |
|World War II*||between 1944 and 1946 ||He enlisted in Fort Bragg, Cumberland Co., North Carolina, and served in World War II between 1944 and 1946|
(Charles W. Culpepper, 34965722. Enlisted for active duty in the US Army on 26 Mar 1944. OS EAMET 14 Oct 1944 to 23 Mar 1946. Awards: PH GCMDL C18 ACM EAMECM 3S, S Ardennes Rhineland Central Europe, WWIIVM. Honorable Discharge as T4 from HQ SVC CO 355 ENGR on 28 Mar 1946.)6,5
|Marriage*||say 1970 ||He married Betty Chapman say 1970.7 |
|Death*||15 Dec 1989 ||He died at Goose Creek, Berkeley Co., South Carolina, on 15 Dec 1989 at age 68.3 |
- "The Official Roster of South Carolina Servicemen and Servicewomen in World War II, 1941-46, Volume II", Compiled under the direction of Robert E. McNair, Governor. Page 1001.
- Warren L. Culpepper (#1942), Former publisher of Culpepper Connections, e-mail address.
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- 1930 Federal Census, United States.
ED 21, page 2B; Dasher, Lowndes Co., GA
Home ?, Radio=N, Farm=Y
Ipo Culpepper, Head, 26, Single, GA, GA, GA, Farmer (ID: 3867)
M. Annie Culpepper, Mother, 70, widowed md @ 22, GA, GA, GA
C. W. Culpepper, Nephew, 8, GA, GA, GA.
- National Archives and Records Administration, compiler, U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
Charles W. Culpepper, born 1921 in Georgia; White; Resided in Charleston Co., South Carolina; Enlisted 26 Mar 1944 at Fort Bragg, Cumberland Co., North Carolina as a Private in the US Army; Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months; Education: Grammar school; Civil Occupation: Petroleum Storage Technician or Electric Arcr Welder; Marital Status: Married.
- The Official Roster of South Carolina Serviceman and Servicewomen in World War II, 1941-46 (Five Volumes), Columbia, SC: SC Division of General Services, Repository: Tomkins Library in Edgefield SC, Call No. F274.7 M3 1941-1946.
- Charleston Post & Courier, Charleston, SC.
Obituary for Betty Potter Culpepper (#60753), published 6 Aug 2009.