Charles Edward Culpepper1
Male, #4707, (11 May 1913 - Mar 1974)
|DNA*|| ||He has been proven by DNA and genealogical research to be a descendant of Allison Culpepper of Webster Co., GA. The ancestry of Allison is unknown. |
|Birth*||11 May 1913 ||Charles was born at Worth Co., Georgia, on 11 May 1913.2 |
|1920 Census||1 Jan 1920 ||Charles, Marvin and James was listed as a son in Charles Allison Culpepper's household on the 1920 Census at Worth Co., Georgia.3 |
|Death of Father||1 Jul 1925 ||His father Charles Allison Culpepper died on 1 Jul 1925 at Worth Co., Georgia.4,5 |
|Relocation||circa 1926 ||He, as a family member, accompanied Annie L. Dees in relocating circa 1926 at Opp, Covington Co., Alabama, |
|1930 Census||1 Apr 1930 ||Charles, Marvin and James was listed as a son in Annie L. Culpepper's household on the 1930 Census at Opp, Covington Co., Alabama.6 |
|Marriage*||circa 1933 ||He married Vides Jefcoat circa 1933. |
|Residence*||Mar 1943 ||Charles resided at Mobile Co., Alabama, in Mar 1943.7 |
|World War II*||between 1943 and 1945 ||He enlisted in Fort McClellan, Calhoun Co., Alabama, and served in World War II between 1943 and 1945|
|Death*||Mar 1974 ||He died at Saint Bernard, Saint Bernard Parish, Louisiana, in Mar 1974 at age 60.2 |
- E-mail written 1998-2013 to Lew Griffin & Warren Culpepper from Charles Edward Culpepper III (#4812), Great Falls, Montana, e-mail address.
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- 1920 Federal Census, United States.
ED 141, Page 1B, Family 19, Anc.com img 2, District 1044, Doles, Worth Co., GA
Chase? A. Culpepper, Head, M, 72, md, GA/GA/GA, Farmer
Annie L. Culpepper, Wife, F, 26, AL/AL/AL
Ruby Culpepper, Dau, F, 10, Sng, GA/GA/GA
Charlie E. Culpepper, Son, M, 7, Sng, GA/GA/GA
Marvin R. Culpepper, Son, M, 4, Sng, GA/GA/GA
Jessie L. Culpepper, Son, M, 9/12, Sng, GA/GA/GA.
- Georgia Health Department / Office of Vital Records, compiler, Georgia Deaths, 1919-1998, Online database at Ancestry.com, 1998.
Charlie A. Culpepper, d. 1 Jul 1925 in Worth Co., GA.
- Catherine Fussell Wells, compiler, The Complete Cemetery Records of Worth Co., GA (Tallahassee, FL: Rose Printing, 1984)
Red Oak Cemetery, Doles, Worth Co., GA:
Charles Culpepper, 7 Jul 1849 - 1 Jul 1925.
- 1930 Federal Census, United States.
ED 10, Pages 6B, Lines 65-69, Opp-County Line Road, Opp, Covington Co., AL
Rents Home, Radio=N, Farm=Y
Annie Culpepper, Head, F, Wh, 37, wid, AL/AL/AL, Farm Laborer
Charles Culpepper, Son, M, Wh, 17, sng, GA/AL/AL, Farm Laborer
Marvin Culpepper, Son, M, Wh, 14, sng, GA/AL/AL, Farm Laborer
James Culpepper, Son, M, Wh, 10, sng, GA/AL/AL
Catherine Culpepper, Daughter, F, Wh, 9, sng, GA/AL/AL.
- National Archives and Records Administration, compiler, U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
Charles E. Culpepper, Sr., born 1913, White, Native of Georgia; Resided in Mobile Co., Alabama; Enlisted on 30 Mar 1943 in Alabama at Fort McClellan in the US Army as a Private for the duration of the War plus six months; Education: 4 years of high school; Marital Status: Separated, with dependents.