Female, #44854, (4 Jul 1900 - 15 Apr 1970)
|African*|| ||She was an African-American. |
|Birth*||4 Jul 1900 ||Florida was born on 4 Jul 1900.1 |
|Marriage*||circa 1918 ||She married Martin L. Culpepper circa 1918. |
|Married Name||circa 1918 || As of circa 1918, her married name was Culpepper. |
|WWI Draft Reg||12 Sep 1918 ||Martin L. Culpepper named Florida as his nearest relative when registering for the WW-I draft on 12 Sep 1918 at Kosciusko, Attala Co., Mississippi.2 |
|1920 Census||1 Jan 1920 ||Florida was listed as an unknown person 's wife on the 1920 Census at Newport, Attala Co., Mississippi.3 |
|Birth of Son||10 Jan 1927 ||Her son Rev. G L Culpepper was born on 10 Jan 1927 at Sallis, Attala Co., Mississippi.1,4 |
|1930 Census||1 Apr 1930 ||Florida was listed as Martin L. Culpepper's wife on the 1930 Census at Attala Co., Mississippi.5 |
|Birth of Son||1937 ||Her son Martin L. Culpepper Jr. was born in 1937 at Sallis, Attala Co., Mississippi.6 |
|Photographed||say 1945 ||She was photographed say 1945.7|
Florida (Lewis) Culpepper
|Death of Spouse||3 Apr 1961 ||Her husband Martin L. Culpepper died on 3 Apr 1961 at Durant, Holmes Co., Mississippi.8 |
|SSN*||1966 ||Her Social Security Number was issued in 1966 in Mississippi.1 |
|Death*||15 Apr 1970 ||She died at Waterloo, Black Hawk Co., Iowa, on 15 Apr 1970 at age 69.1 |
|Burial*||circa 17 Apr 1970 ||Her body was interred circa 17 Apr 1970 at Fairview Cemetery, Waterloo, Black Hawk Co., Iowa.4 |
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- National Archives and Records Administration, compiler, World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
Martin Culpepper RFD#2, Sallis, Attala Co., MS. Age 18. Born 1900. Black. Occupation: Farming for Gus. Cain, RFD#2, Sallis, Attala Co., MS. Nearest Relative: Floydie Culpepper, RFD#2, Sallis, Attala Co., MS. Signed (x), Tall, Slender, Black eyes, Black hair, No disabilities. 12 Sep 1918, Kosciusko, Attala Co., MS.
- 1920 Federal Census, United States.
ED 10, sheet 1B, lines 82-84, Newport, Salllis Prec., Attala Co., MS (20 Jan 1920)
Martin Culpepper, Head, M, Black, 21, md, MS.MS.MS, Farmer
Florida Culpepper, Wife, F, Black, 20, md, MS/FL/MS
Lilla M. Culpepper, Dau, F, Black, 8/12, sng, MS/MS/MS.
- E-mail written Oct 2006 to Warren Culpepper from Sally Blanck Culpepper (#55457), e-mail address.
- 1930 Federal Census, United States.
ED 4-13, Page 18A, Sallis & Boyette Road, Attala Co., MS
Rent Farm, Radio=N
Martin Culpepper, Head, M, Black, 32, md@ 20, MS/MS/MS, Farmer, General Farm, Vet=N
Flody Culpepper, Wife, F, Black, 27, md@ 19, MS/MS/MS
Lillie Mae Culpepper, Daughter, F, Black, 11, sng, MS/MS/MS
Lizie M Culpepper, Daughter, F, Black, 9, sng, MS/MS/MS
Hattie May Culpepper, Daughter, F, Black, 6 sng, MS/MS/MS
G L Culpepper, Son, M, Black, 3 3/12, sng, MS/MS/MS.
- MyFamily.com Inc., compiler, US Public Records Index, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
- E-mail written April-October 2011 to Warren Culpepper from Annette Culpepper (#44877), e-mail address.
- E-mail written 10 Aug 2011 to Warren L. Culpepper from Pauline 'Polly' Robinson (d/o #55462), e-mail address.