Lisa Lee Culpepper1
|Father*||Dennis Leroy Culpepper Jr.2 (22 Mar 1938 - 6 Mar 2013)|
|Mother*||Roberta Diane Blaikie|
|Charts||Henry Culpepper Jr. of Norfolk Co., VA: Descendant Chart|
|Last Edited||27 Mar 2013|
- Lisa L. Culpepper, Esq.
Grimshaw & Harring, P.C.
1700 Lincoln Street, Suite 3800
Denver, Colorado 80203
303-839-3800 | 303-839-3838 (Fax)
Lisa L. Culpepper joined Grimshaw & Harring in September 2009 as Special Counsel. Her practice focuses on transactional business and includes: real estate (commercial/residential land development, leasing and acquisitions); bank representation (loan analysis, document preparation, and risk management); business mergers and acquisitions (domestic and international); succession planning; estate and probate law; entrepreneurial business strategy and start-up counsel; corporate governance and compliance counsel; and, state and local taxation. Ms. Culpepper currently represents many businesses, both domestic and international, and, several land developers holding or controlling land acquisition, development and vertical build projects in Colorado, Texas, Florida, Nebraska, Hawaii and abroad, for transactions ranging from $5mm to $100mm. She also maintains professional alliances with attorneys across the United States and around the world utilizing her education in International Business Law, Business Administration, Finance and Economics.
Before embarking on private practice, Ms. Culpepper worked for over 20 years for the State of Colorado, 15 of which were in the Department of Revenue. During that time she handled thousands of tax compliance matters, was an expert in state and local taxation in the United States Bankruptcy Court, and directed the management of seven business units, including telecommunications, forms design, tax processing, forms archival, and logistics. She managed over 200,000 square feet of office space and seven acres of land, including tenant construction, landscape and building maintenance.
Ms. Culpepper earned her JD in International Business Law from the University of Denver, College of Law, and was a Senator of the Student Bar and Vice-president of the Business Law Society. Ms. Culpepper graduated Magna Cum Laude from Regis University, with a bachelor of science degree in Business Administration with an Economics Minor and Emphasis in Finance.
- Transactional business (domestic and international)
- Real estate (commercial/residential, land development, leasing and acquisitions) and bank representation
- Succession planning, estate and probate law, with a significant emphasis on real estate and business
- Entrepreneurial business strategy and start-up
- Corporate governance and compliance
- State and local taxation
- Juris Doctor, International Business Law, 1997, University of Denver College of Law.
- Senator, 1996 and 1997
- Vice-president of the Business Law Society.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Minor in Economics and Emphasis in Finance, Magna Cum Laude, 1994, Regis University.
- Admitted to practice in all Colorado state courts, and the United States District Court for the District of Colorado.
- Member, Colorado Bar Association, International Law, Real Estate and Business Sections.
- Member, Society of English and American Lawyers (London, England).
- Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Three-term Chair, past Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors, Legal Community Credit Union, Denver, Colorado.
- Thursday Night Bar (low cost and pro bono representation for the indigent).
- Speaker/Presenter for various public speaking events regarding tax, mergers and acquisitions and partnership creations.
- Adjunct Professor – Metropolitan State College, Parks College, DeVry University and currently, Red Rocks Community College in law, business, marketing, finance, economics, and human services.
Source: Grimshaw & Harring website:http://www.grimshawharring.com/attorneys/llc/.
- E-mail written Oct 2009 to Culpepper Connections from Lisa Lee Culpepper (#44550), e-mail address.