Louis Eustache Culpepper1
Male, #42237, (5 Oct 1922 - 25 Sep 2001)
|African*|| ||He was an African-American. |
|Birth*||5 Oct 1922 ||Louis was born at New York City, New York Co., New York, on 5 Oct 1922.3,1 |
|Residence*||Oct 1942 ||Louis resided at Bronx Co., New York, in Oct 1942.4 |
|World War II*||between 1942 and 1945 ||He enlisted in New York City, New York Co., New York, and served in World War II between 1942 and 1945|
|Birth of Son||7 Sep 1947 ||His son Rodney Emanuel Culpepper was born on 7 Sep 1947 at New York City, New York Co., New York.3,5 |
|Marriage*||5 May 1948 ||He married Gloria Lewis on 5 May 1948 at age 25.6 |
|Death of Mother||Feb 1972 ||His mother Louise Parker died in Feb 1972 at Bronx, Bronx Co., New York.3 |
|Death of Father||Jul 1974 ||His father Lewis Culpeper of Barbados & NY died in Jul 1974 at Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York.3 |
|Death of Son||8 May 1984 ||His son Rodney Emanuel Culpepper died on 8 May 1984 at Miami, Dade Co., Florida.3,5 |
|Death*||25 Sep 2001 ||He died at Nyon, Switzerland, on 25 Sep 2001 at age 78.3,7 |
|Biography*|| ||Joan A. Culpepper-Morgan wrote on 17 Aug 2003: "My father Louis Eustache Culpepper moved to Switzerland in 1975. He worked for the Division of Human Rights of the United Nations. Whether or not he also worked for the government (CIA) as a major or minor operative is purely speculation. It is glamorous to think so but I just don't know... Although he and my mother separated they never divorced." |
- E-mail from Joan A. Culpepper-Morgan, MD, 17 Aug 2003: "Lewis Culpepper of Barbados (b. c. 1898) married Louise Parker. I do not know the date. They had 4 children Fernie (the oldest who died in early adulthood from an infectious illness), Betty Culpepper who married but never had any children, Ethel Culpepper who married Harry Bailey and have 2 children Fernie Bailey and Jerome Bailey, and lastly my father Louis Eustache Culpepper (b. 10/05/22).
- E-mail from Joan A. Culpepper-Morgan, MD, 15 Aug 2003, indentifying Louis E. Culpepper (born 5 Oct 1922) as the son of Lewis Culpepper (b 1898 in Barbados), son of Edward Sinclair Culpepper, Sr. (born c 1868).
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- National Archives and Records Administration, compiler, U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
Louis E Culpepper, Black, Single, born 1922 in New York, residing in Bronx Co., New York, enlisted as a Private in the US Army on 22 Oct 1942 in New York City, New York.
- State of Florida Health Department / Office of Vital Records, compiler, Florida Death Index, 1936-1998, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2004.
Rodney Culpepper, Cert 44228, Dade Co., FL, Black, 07 Sep 1947 - 08 May 1984.
- E-mail from Joan A. Culpepper-Morgan, MD, 17 Aug 2003: "Lewis Culpepper of Barbados (b. c. 1898) married Louise Parker. They had 4 children (including) my father Louis Eustache Culpepper. He had one child before marriage with a woman named Gloria (nee ??). He married my mother Gloria Lewis May 5, 1948. His two children from that marriage include me Joan Alice Culpepper and my brother David Alan Culpepper. My brother is not married. I am married to Charles J. Morgan of Newport Jamaica, WI.
- E-mail written Apr 2007 to Warren Culpepper from G. Plekker, e-mail address.
"Louis E. Culpepper lived and is buried in Nyon, Switzerland (near Geneva, where he worked for the UN, Human Rights) not in Bern (Bern is specified in the SSDI).
- E-mail from Joan A. Culpepper-Morgan, MD, indentifying herself as the daughter of Louis E. Culpepper and the brother of David A. Culpepper, attorney in Illinois.