Male, #40276, (circa 1830 - Oct 1864)
|Father*||John Dortch (c 1790 - b Sep 1866)|
|Mother*||Harty Culpepper (c 1805 - )|
|Birth*||circa 1830||Erasmus was born at Alabama circa 1830.|
|Marriage*||circa 1855||He married Lucy E. Jones at Alabama circa 1855. Children (Based upon census 1850, 1860, 1870 Wilcox Co, AL)|
1. John Erasmus, b. 1857 AL, m. S.M.L. Long
2. Mary Laura, b. 1860 AL (twin)
3. James, b. 1860 AL (twin), m. Sarah E. Philen
4. Sarah, b. 1863 AL
If Lucy remarried, I [Jan Selleck] have not found the record. She did petition for Civil War Pension as widow of E. Dortch.1
|Civil War*||between 1861 and 1864||He served in the War Between the States between 1861 and 1864.|
|Death*||Oct 1864||He died in Oct 1864.|
|Probate||21 Sep 1866||During probate, Erasmus Dortch was identified as an heir of John Dortch on 21 Sep 1866 at Wilcox Co., Alabama.2|
|Lucy E. Jones (circa 1837 - )|
|Charts||Benjamin (son of Robert) Culpepper of Edgecombe Co., NC: Descendant Chart|
|Last Edited||18 Oct 2008|
- E-mail written 2000-2004 to Lew Griffin from Jan Selleck, 1405 Bogard Lane, Lewisville, TX 75077, Phone 214-366-6587, e-mail address.
- Correspondence from Marilyn (Mrs. David) Arnette, 2111 S. Cenutry Blvd., McDavid, FL 32568, to Warren Culpepper, Jan 2005.
Provided photocopy of hearing for sale of land on John Dortch's estate.