Ernest Leigh Culpepper Jr.1,2,3
Male, #39989, (12 Jan 1928 - Sep 1977)
|Birth*||12 Jan 1928 ||Ernest was born at Perquimans Co., North Carolina, on 12 Jan 1928.4,3 |
|1930 Census||1 Apr 1930 ||Clifton and Ernest was listed as a son in Ernest Leigh Culpepper's household on the 1930 Census at Williston, Barnwell Co., South Carolina.5 |
|World War II*||between 1945 and 1946 ||He served as an enlisted man between 1945 and 1946 (Ernest L. Culpepper, Jr. 5823280. Born in Marfort?, NC on 13 Jan 1928. Home Address: Walterboro, Colleton Co., SC. Enlisted for active duty in the US Navy on 3 Aug 1945. Awards: WW-II Victory Medal. Honorably Discharged as a S2C from the Naval Hospital in Bainbridge, MD on 8 Mar 1946.)6 |
|Death of Father||5 May 1955 ||His father Ernest Leigh Culpepper died on 5 May 1955 at Walterboro, Colleton Co., South Carolina. |
|Death*||Sep 1977 ||He died at Walterboro, Colleton Co., South Carolina, in Sep 1977 at age 49.4 |
- E-mail written Aug 2000 to Culpepper Connections from Margaret Dawn Culpepper Stewart (#39985), e-mail address.
- E-mail written 2002 to Lew Griffin from Vicki Lee White Smith (d/o #39987), Germany & Hilton Head, SC, e-mail address.
- MyFamily.com Inc. (Original data: Register of Deeds. North Carolina Birth Indexes. Raleigh NC State Archives), compiler, North Carolina Birth Index, 1800-2000, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
E L Culpepper is the father of Ernest Leigh Culpepper, born 12 Jan 1928 in Perquimans Co., NC.
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- 1930 Federal Census, United States.
ED 20, Sheet 3B, Lines 73-77, Bartley's Lumber Hill Settlement, Williston, Barnwell Co., SC
Rent=$12, Radio=Y, Farm=N
Ernest L. Culpepper, Head, M, 37, md@20, VA/VA/VA, Lumber Mill Supt., Vet=N
Sarah R. Culpepper, Wife, F, 35, md@19, SC/SC/SC
Clifton Culpepper, Son, M, 10, Sng, GA/VA/SC
Virginia B. Culpepper, Daughter, F, 7, Sng, SC/VA/SC
Ernest L. Culpepper Jr., Son, M, 2 2/12, Sng, NC/VA/SC.
- The Official Roster of South Carolina Serviceman and Servicewomen in World War II, 1941-46 (Five Volumes), Columbia, SC: SC Division of General Services, Repository: Tomkins Library in Edgefield SC, Call No. F274.7 M3 1941-1946.