Vernon William Culpepper1
Male, #38608, (12 Mar 1913 - )
|Name Variation|| ||He was also known as Culpeper. |
|Birth*||12 Mar 1913 ||He was born on 12 Mar 1913 at Pleasant Grove District, Norfolk Co., Virginia. |
|1920 Census||1 Jan 1920 ||Vernon was listed as a son in Joseph Longstreet Culpepper's household on the 1920 Census at Pleasant Grove District, Norfolk Co., Virginia.2 |
|1930 Census*||1 Apr 1930 ||Vernon was listed as the head of a family on the 1930 Census at Madison Ward, Portsmouth (city), Virginia.3 |
|Marriage*||1941 ||He married Muriel Elizabeth Norris at Pasquotank Co., North Carolina, in 1941.4 |
|Birth of Son||11 Mar 1942 ||His son Vernon William Culpepper Jr. was born on 11 Mar 1942.5 |
|Residence*||1944 ||Vernon resided at Camden Co., North Carolina, in 1944.6 |
|World War II*||between 1944 and 1945 ||He served in World War II between 1944 and 1945.6 |
- E-mail written 2000 to Lew Griffin from Alice Neal Basnight Doak (#38574), Alexandria, VA, e-mail address.
- 1920 Federal Census, United States.
ED 132, Sheet 1B, Family 15, 15 Pleasant Grove Road, Pleasant Grove, Norfolk Co., VA
Joseph Culpeper, Head, M, Wh, 55, Md, NC/NC/NC, Farmer-Farm
Alice M. Culpeper, Wife, F, Wh, 37, Md, NC/NC/NC, None
Sallie Culpeper, Daughter, F, Wh, 10, S, VA/NC/NC, None
Vernon Culpeper, Son, M, Wh, 7, S, VA/NC/NC, None.
- 1930 Federal Census, United States.
Portsmouth (city), VA, Madison Ward, ED 18, Page 16A, Family 314, Address? (Apr 1930)
In HH of Charles H and Lois Blow
William Culpepper, Roomer, M, Wh, 17, sng, VA/VA/NC.
- North Carolina State Archives, compiler, North Carolina Marriage Collection, 1741-2000, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
Vernon William Culpepper, White, Male, married Muriel Eliz Norris in 1941 in Pasquotank Co., NC.
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- National Archives and Records Administration, compiler, U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
Vernon W. Culpepper, born 1913 in Virginia; White; Resided in Camden Co., North Carolina; Enlisted 11 Apr 1944 at Fort Bragg, North Carolina as a Private in the US Army; Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months; Education: Grammar school; Civil Occupation: Bandsman (Snare Drum) or Upholsterer; Marital Status: Married.