Female, #38156, (12 Sep 1912 - 14 Jan 2003)
|African*|| ||She was an African-American. |
|Birth*||12 Sep 1912 ||Ethel was born on 12 Sep 1912.3 |
|Marriage*||say 1933 ||She married Langston Culpepper say 1933. |
|Married Name||say 1933 || As of say 1933, her married name was Culpepper. |
|Birth of Son||13 May 1943 ||Her son Ernest Leo Culpepper was born on 13 May 1943 at Riverside, Riverside Co., California.4 |
|Death of Spouse||18 Oct 1983 ||Her husband Langston Culpepper died on 18 Oct 1983 at Riverside, Riverside Co., California.3,5 |
|Death of Son||Aug 2000 ||Her son Ernest Leo Culpepper died in Aug 2000. |
|Death*||14 Jan 2003 ||She died at Riverside, Riverside Co., California, on 14 Jan 2003 at age 90|
ETHEL C. CULPEPPER,
90 died Tuesday January 14, 2003 at Riverside Community Hospital. Her husband Langston Culpepper preceded her in death in Oct. 1983. She is survived by two daughters, Ida Stone of Riverside and Ethel McCullough (Jerry) of Sacremento and one son Leon Culpepper of Riverside; 22 grandchildren; 34 great-grandchildren and a host of nieces and nephews. Mrs. Culpepper was also preceded in death by one daughter Gertrude Brown and one son Ernest Culpepper. Mrs. Culpepper was born on Sept. 12, 1912 in London, Ontario, Canada and resided in Riverside 70½ years. Services will be held on Thursday, 11:00 a.m. at Amos Temple CME Church. Visitation is scheduled at Acheson & Graham Garden Of Prayer Mortuary on Wednesday from 5:00-9:00 p.m. Internment will be held at Olivewood Cemetery. Source: Riverside Press Enterprise, 21 Jan 2003.3
Ethel Shreve Culpepper
- E-mail written 2000-2005 to Lew Griffin from Sandra Louise Schiffer Durbin, San Diego, CA, e-mail address.
- E-mail written 1999/2000 to Lew Griffin from Jennifer Walker (Mrs. Harry Walker), e-mail address (Jan 2010).
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- Center for Health Statistics / California Department of Health Services, compiler, California Birth Records, 1905-1995, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
- State of California Department of Health Services / Center for Health Statistics, compiler, California Death Index, 1940-1997, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2000.