Glenn Comer Culpepper
Male, #3737, (22 Apr 1892 - 13 Jun 1941)
|Birth*||22 Apr 1892 ||Glenn was born at Wylam, Bullock Co., Alabama, on 22 Apr 1892.1,2 |
|1900 Census||1 Jun 1900 ||Glenn, Asa and William was listed as a son in William Augustus Culpepper's household on the 1900 Census at Midway, Bullock Co., Alabama.3 |
|Death of Father||22 Jul 1910 ||His father William Augustus Culpepper died on 22 Jul 1910.4 |
|Death of Mother||22 Jun 1912 ||His mother Minnie Leola Vaughn died on 22 Jun 1912 at Comer, Barbour Co., Alabama.1 |
|WWI Draft Reg*||5 Jun 1917 ||He registered for the WW-I draft on 5 Jun 1917 at Wylam, Jefferson Co., Alabama.2 |
|World War I*||between 1917 and 1918 ||He served in World War I between 1917 and 1918.5 |
|1930 Census*||1 Apr 1930 ||Glenn was listed as a lodger on the 1930 Census at Fairfield, Jefferson Co., Alabama.5 |
|Marriage*||say 1931 ||He married Mary Elizabeth Saunders say 1931.1 |
|Death*||13 Jun 1941 ||He died at Birmingham, Jefferson Co., Alabama, on 13 Jun 1941 at age 49.6 |
|Burial*||circa 15 Jun 1941 ||His body was interred circa 15 Jun 1941 at Birmingham, Jefferson Co., Alabama.1,6 |
- Minnie Marie Culpepper, Addendum to the Life of the Culpepper Family, Cuthbert, GA: Edith C. Prater, 1949.
- National Archives and Records Administration, compiler, World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
Glen Comer Culpepper, 4500 7th Avenue, Wylam, Jefferson Co., Alabama, age 25, born 22 Apr 1892 in Midway, Bullock Co., Alabama, Employed as a Timekeeper at the By-Product Coke Plant of the Tennessee Coal, Iron and Railroad Company, Fairfield, Jefferson Co., Alabama; Single; Caucasian; No prior military service; Claims exemption from service due to a rupture; Tall height, Slender build, Blue eyes, Light hair, Not bald, No disabilities. Registered 5 Jun 1917 at Wylam, Jefferson Co., Alabama.
- 1900 Federal Census, United States.
ED 25, Page 13A, Lines 26-31, Pct. 1, Midway, Bullock Co., AL
William A. Culpepper, Head, W, M, Jan 1866, 34, md-9yrs, AL/GA/AL, Farmer
Minnie Culpepper, Wife, W, F, Nov 1870, 29, md-9yrs, ch 4/4, AL/AL/AL
Glen Culpepper, Son, W, M, Apr 1992, 8, Sng, AL/AL/AL
Roy Culpepper, Son, W, M, May 1894, 6, Sng, AL/AL/AL
Marie Culpepper, Dau, W, F, Aug 1896, 3, Sng, AL/AL/AL
William A. Culpepper Jr., Son, W, M, Jul 1899, 1, Sng, AL/AL/AL.
- MariLee Beatty Hageness, compiler, Alabama Church and Family Cemeteries, Book 2, Anniston, AL: MLH Research, 1997.
Ramah Church Cemetery, Comer, Barbour Co., AL
+ W. A. Culpepper, died 22 Jul 1910
+ Minnie Vaughn Culpepper, 1871 - 1912.
- 1930 Federal Census, United States.
ED 205, Sheet 22B, Line 51, 313 40th St, Fairfield, Jefferson Co., AL (10 Apr 1930)
In HH of George D. Sawyer
Glenn C. Culpepper, Roomer, M, Wh, 36, sng, AL/AL/AL, City Clerk, Vet=WW.
- State of Alabama Center for Health Statistics / Record Services Division, compiler, Alabama Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2011.
Glenn C. Culpepper died 13 Jun 1941 in Jefferson Co., Alabama.