Clifton Daniel Culpepper1
Male, #36673, (9 Sep 1919 - Dec 1971)
|Name Variation|| ||He was also known as C. D. |
|Birth*||9 Sep 1919 ||Clifton was born at Savannah, Chatham Co., Georgia, on 9 Sep 1919.2 |
|1920 Census||1 Jan 1920 ||Clifton was listed as a son in Ernest Leigh Culpepper's household on the 1920 Census at Savannah, Chatham Co., Georgia.3 |
|1930 Census||1 Apr 1930 ||Clifton and Ernest was listed as a son in Ernest Leigh Culpepper's household on the 1930 Census at Williston, Barnwell Co., South Carolina.4 |
|Marriage*||say 1943 ||He married Margaret Hiott say 1943. |
|World War II*||between 1945 and 1946 ||He served as an officer in World War II between 1945 and 1946|
(Clifton D. Culpepper, 01536309. He enlisted from Waltersboro, Colleton Co., SC for active duty in the US Army on 14 Apr 1945. OS APT 2 Sep 1945 to 24 Apr 1946. Awards: ACM APCM WWIIVM. Honorable separation from active duty as 2LT from the 1002 ENGR FOREST BN on 16 May 1946.)5
|SSN*||1953 ||His Social Security Number was issued in 1953 in South Carolina.2 |
|Death of Father||5 May 1955 ||His father Ernest Leigh Culpepper died on 5 May 1955 at Walterboro, Colleton Co., South Carolina. |
|Death*||Dec 1971 ||He died at South Carolina in Dec 1971 at age 52.2 |
- E-mail written Aug 2000 to Culpepper Connections from Margaret Dawn Culpepper Stewart (#39985), e-mail address.
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- 1920 Federal Census, United States.
ED 79, page 25B, 307 Thirty-second Street East, Savannah, Chatham Co., GA
Ernest Culpepper, Head, M, 27, M, VA/VA/VA, Mill Wright at Lead Plant
Catherine Culpepper, Wife, F, 25, M, SC/SC/SC
Clifford Culpepper, Son, M, 3/12, S, GA/VA/SC.
- 1930 Federal Census, United States.
ED 20, Sheet 3B, Lines 73-77, Bartley's Lumber Hill Settlement, Williston, Barnwell Co., SC
Rent=$12, Radio=Y, Farm=N
Ernest L. Culpepper, Head, M, 37, md@20, VA/VA/VA, Lumber Mill Supt., Vet=N
Sarah R. Culpepper, Wife, F, 35, md@19, SC/SC/SC
Clifton Culpepper, Son, M, 10, Sng, GA/VA/SC
Virginia B. Culpepper, Daughter, F, 7, Sng, SC/VA/SC
Ernest L. Culpepper Jr., Son, M, 2 2/12, Sng, NC/VA/SC.
- The Official Roster of South Carolina Serviceman and Servicewomen in World War II, 1941-46 (Five Volumes), Columbia, SC: SC Division of General Services, Repository: Tomkins Library in Edgefield SC, Call No. F274.7 M3 1941-1946.