Lewis Gewin Culpepper
Male, #34594, (4 Feb 1922 - 6 Sep 1987)
|Name Variation|| ||He was also known as Red.1 |
|Birth*||4 Feb 1922 ||Lewis was born at Alabama on 4 Feb 1922.2,3 |
|1930 Census||1 Apr 1930 ||Lewis was listed as a son in Carl Winston Culpepper's household on the 1930 Census at Guntersville, Marshall Co., Alabama.4 |
|SSN*||between 1936 and 1950 ||His Social Security Number was issued between 1936 and 1950 in Alabama.2 |
|Residence*||Nov 1942 ||Lewis resided at Marshall Co., Alabama, in Nov 1942.3 |
|World War II*||between 1942 and 1945 ||He enlisted in Fort McClellan, Calhoun Co., Alabama, and served in World War II between 1942 and 1945|
|Marriage*||29 Dec 1943 ||He married Imogene Hardin at Marshall Co., Alabama, on 29 Dec 1943 at age 21.5 |
|Death of Father||1 Feb 1946 ||His father Carl Winston Culpepper died on 1 Feb 1946 at Marshall Co., Alabama. |
|Death of Mother||Jun 1979 ||His mother Elvie R. Haney died in Jun 1979 at Douglas, Marshall Co., Alabama.2 |
|Death*||6 Sep 1987 ||He died at Gadsden, Etowah Co., Alabama, on 6 Sep 1987 at age 65.2 |
- William T. & Patricia Martin, compiler, The Gadsden Times, 1867-1885 (4 volumes), Miami, Florida: W.T. Martin, 1996-2003, Repository: LDS Family History Library - Salt Lake City, Call No. US/CAN 976.167 B38m v1-v4.
Obituary of Imogene "Jean" Culpepper (#62713), Published on October 22, 2011.
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- National Archives and Records Administration, compiler, U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
Lewis G. Culpepper, born 1922, White, Native of Alabama; Resided in Marshall Co., Alabama; Enlisted on 14 Nov 1942 in Alabama at Fort McClellan in the US Army as a Private for the duration of the War plus six months; Education: 1 year of high school; Civil Occupation: Driver; Marital Status: Single, with dependents; Height: 67; Weight: 176.
- 1930 Federal Census, United States.
ED 2, Sheet 6A, Lines 21-24, Arab Road, Guntersville, Marshall Co., Alabama (22 Apr 1910)
Rent=$8, Radio=N, Farm=N
Carl Culpepper, Head, M, Wh, 35, md@20, AL/AL/AL, Painter/Building, Vet=N
Elsie Culpepper, Wife, F, Wh, 35, md@20, AL/AL/AL
Opal Culpepper, Dau, F, Wh, 14, sng, AL/AL/AL
Labern Culpepper, Son, M, Wh, 8, sng, AL/AL/AL.
- Inc., Provo, UT MyFamily.com, compiler, Alabama Marriage Collection, 1800-1969, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2006.
Lewis G Culpepper married 29 Dec 1943 in Marshall Co., AL.