Lloyd Benson Culpepper
Male, #3102, (9 Apr 1899 - 28 Apr 1949)
|DNA*|| ||The DNA test results of a descendant of Lloyd Benson Culpepper do not match those of anyone else in the Culpepper project. we are seeking a male Culpepper descendant of Lloyd's to participate in our free DNA testing project. For more information, go to: http://gen.culpepper.com/dna. |
|Name Variation|| ||He was also known as Loyd. |
|Birth*||9 Apr 1899 ||Lloyd was born at Hartwell, Hart Co., Georgia, on 9 Apr 1899.1 |
|1900 Census||1 Jun 1900 ||Penic and Lloyd was listed as a son in Malcolm McCade Culpepper's household on the 1900 Census at Hart Co., Georgia. Anna and Malcolm Culpepper were living next door to John A. and Martha Vickery, Anna's parents..2 |
|1910 Census||15 Apr 1910 ||Penic, Lloyd and Malcolm was listed as a son in Malcolm McCade Culpepper's household on the 1910 Census at Hartwell, Hart Co., Georgia.3 |
|World War I*||between 1917 and 1918 ||He served in GA Bugler, 324 MGBN 83rd Division between 1917 and 1918.4 |
|Marriage*||19 Jun 1919 ||He married Lucile Smith at Akron, Summit Co., Ohio, on 19 Jun 1919 at age 20.5 |
|1920 Census*||1 Jan 1920 ||Lloyd was listed as a lodger on the 1920 Census at Akron, Summit Co., Ohio.6 |
|Birth of Son||18 Jun 1920 ||His son Lloyd Benson Culpepper Jr. was born on 18 Jun 1920 at Barberton, Summit Co., Ohio.7,5 |
|Death of Father||21 May 1923 ||His father Malcolm McCade Culpepper died on 21 May 1923 at Hartwell, Hart Co., Georgia.8 |
|Death*||28 Apr 1949 ||He died on 28 Apr 1949 at age 50.1 |
|Burial*||circa 30 Apr 1949 ||His body was interred circa 30 Apr 1949 at Northview City Cemetery, Hartwell, Hart Co., Georgia.1 |
- Northview City Cemetery. Carolina Street, Hartwell, GA. Two blocks behind Hartwell Post Office.
Source: Cemeteries of Hart County, GA, by Shirley Kaufhold, 1989
- Malcolm M. Culpepper, 1871 - 1923 (s/o Ansel Monroe Culpepper)
- Anna V. Culpepper, 1874 - 1953 (w/o Malcolm)
- Penic L. Culpepper, 1891 - 1936 (s/o Malcolm and Anna)
- Mae B. Culpepper, 1888 - 1977 (w/o Penic)
- Culpepper, 22 Jul 1896 - Unreadable, D/M M & L A
- Loyd B. Culpepper, 9 Apr 1899 -28 Apr 1949, GA Bugler, 324 MGBN 83 Div WW-I (s/o Malcolm and Anna)
- Malcolm Cade Culpepper, 1903 - 1948 (s/o Malcolm and Anna).
- 1900 Federal Census, United States.
ED 45, page 5A, Hart Co., GA
(Surname spelled Culpper in census)
Mc M. Culpepper, Head, M, Dec 1871 (28), Md 10, GA/GA/GA, RR Brakeman
Anna E. Culpepper, Wife, F, May 1874 (26), Md 10, ch 3/3, GA/GA/GA
Peunic L. Culpepper, Son, M, Mar 1891 (9), S, GA/GA/GA
Cecil A. Culpepper, Dau, F, Mar 1893 (7), S, GA/GA/GA
Loyd B. Culpepper, Son, M, Apr 1899 (1), S, GA/GA/GA.
- 1910 Federal Census, United States.
ED 67, page 13B, Athens Street, Hartwell, Hart Co., GA
Malcolm M. Culpepper, Head, M, 38, M1 21, GA/GAGA, RR Conductor
Elizabeth Culpepper, Wife, F, 35, M1 21, ch 6/5, GA/GA/GA
Penic L. Culpepper, Son, M, 19, S, GA/GA/GA
Cecil A. Culpepper, Dau, F, 17, S, GA/GA/GA
Lloyd B. Culpepper, Son, M, 11, S, GA/GA/GA
McCade Culpepper, Son, M, 7, S, GA/GA/GA
Margaret Culpepper, Dau, F, 4, S, GA/GA/GA.
- E-mail written 2004-2008 to Warren Culpepper from Jeffrey Edgar Culpepper (#49717), 752 Orchard Ave., Ormond Beach, FL 32174, e-mail address (Mar 2012).
- 1920 Federal Census, United States.
ED 213, Page 21A, Line 30, Anc.com img 41, Akron, Summit Co., OH
HH of Luther Bowman
Loyd Culpepper, Lodger, M, 22, Sng, AL/AL/AL, Electric RR Conductor.
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- Georgia Health Department / Office of Vital Records, compiler, Georgia Deaths, 1919-1998, Online database at Ancestry.com, 1998.
Malcom M. Culpepper, d. 21 May 1923 in Hart Co., GA.