Richard Allen Culpepper1
Male, #25096, (18 Dec 1924 - 30 Apr 2011)
|DNA*|| ||Richard has been proven by DNA and genealogical research to be a descendant of Joseph Culpepper of Edgecombe Co., NC, who is a son of Robert Culpepper of Lower Norfolk, the son of Henry Culpepper of Lower Norfolk, VA. |
|Birth*||18 Dec 1924 ||Richard was born at Texas on 18 Dec 1924.2,1,3 |
|1930 Census*||1 Apr 1930 ||He was enumerated in the US Census of 1930 at Amarillo, Potter Co., Texas.4 |
|SSN*||between 1936 and 1950 ||His Social Security Number was issued between 1936 and 1950 in California.3 |
|Residence||Apr 1943 ||Richard resided at Monterey Co., California, in Apr 1943.1 |
|World War II*||between 1943 and 1945 ||He enlisted in San Francisco, San Francisco Co., California, and served in World War II between 1943 and 1945|
|Marriage*||15 Jun 1946 ||He married Juanita Mildred Percival at Stockton, San Joaquin Co., California, on 15 Jun 1946 at age 21. |
|Birth of Son||2 Jan 1949 ||His son Darrell Percy Culpepper was born on 2 Jan 1949 at San Joaquin Co., California.5 |
|Death of Father||25 Apr 1977 ||His father Alton Barker Culpepper died on 25 Apr 1977 at Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co., California.6,3 |
|Death of Spouse||15 Oct 1995 ||His wife Juanita Mildred Percival died on 15 Oct 1995 at Grants Pass, Josephine Co., Oregon.7,3 |
|Death of Son||19 May 2010 ||His son Darrell Percy Culpepper died on 19 May 2010 at Manteca, San Joaquin Co., California.8 |
|Death*||30 Apr 2011 ||He died at Newport, Lincoln Co., Oregon, on 30 Apr 2011 at age 86.3 |
|Burial*||circa 5 May 2011 ||His body was interred circa 5 May 2011 at Eagle Point National Cemetery, Eagle Point, Jackson Co., Oregon.9 |
|Biography*|| || (an unknown value.)10 |
- National Archives and Records Administration, compiler, U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
Richard A Culpepper, White, Single, born 1924 in Texas, residing in Monterey Co., California, enlisted as a Private in the US Army on 20 Apr 1943 in California.
- Texas Department of State Health Services, compiler, Texas Birth Index, 1903 - 1997, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
A B Culpepper is the father of an infant born 18 Dec 1924 in Potter Co., Texas.
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- 1930 Federal Census, United States.
ED 5, Sheet 15A, Pg 101, Pct. 1, 315 (Illegible), Amarillo, Potter Co., TX
(Household of John Rowe)
Richard Culpepper, Son’s friend, M, 5, S, TX TX TX.
- Center for Health Statistics / California Department of Health Services, compiler, California Birth Records, 1905-1995, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
Darrell Percy Culpepper 02 Jan 1949, M, Percival.
- State of California Department of Health Services / Center for Health Statistics, compiler, California Death Index, 1940-1997, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2000.
- National Cemetery Administration, compiler, US Veterans Gravesites, 1775-2006, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2006.
Juanita M. Culpepper, 19 Sep 1912 - 15 Oct 1995, Wife of Richard A Culpepper Sr. (Private in the US Army), Interred 20 Oct 1995 in Eagle Point National Cemetery, Section 21, Site 1488.
- The Record, Stockton, San Joaquin Co., California.
Obituary of Darrell Percy Culpepper (#38457), published 23 May 2010.
- Newport News-Times, Newport, Oregon.
- E-mail written 2000 to Lew Griffin from Carrie Anna Steineckert (#38415), Kaysville, UT, e-mail address.