Male, #2314, (circa 1824 - after May 1883)
|Birth*||circa 1824 ||Ira was born circa 1824. |
|Marriage*||circa 1847 ||He married Martha Culpepper circa 1847.3 |
|Birth of Son||29 Oct 1848 ||His son Simeon C. Buckalew was born on 29 Oct 1848 at Alabama. |
|Marriage*||25 Sep 1851 ||He married Nancy Culpepper at Sumter Co., Alabama, on 25 Sep 1851. |
|Probate||Dec 1854 ||During probate, Ira Buckalew was identified as an heir of Simeon Culpepper of Lauderdale Co., MS in Dec 1854 at Lauderdale Co., Mississippi.4 |
|Probate||24 Aug 1856 ||During probate, Ira Buckalew was identified as an heir of Simeon Culpepper of Lauderdale Co., MS on 24 Aug 1856 at Lauderdale Co., Mississippi.5 |
|1860 Census*|| ||Ira was listed as the head of a family on the 1860 Census at Sumter Co., Alabama.6 |
|Civil War*||between 1863 and 1865 ||He served in the War Between the States between 1863 and 1865|
Co. C, 40th Alabama Infantry.
|Death*||after May 1883 ||He died after May 1883. |
- Correspondence from Ruth Cohmia to Lew Griffin, 2000.
- Les Buckalew, compiler, e-mail address, Buckalew Family Association Website.
- Marriage was probably in Lauderdale Co., MS, but marriage records for 1845 to 1850 are missing. But "History of the Liberty Baptist Church -- Sumter County, AL," published by the Lauderdale County MS Department of Archives and History, p. 36, Feb 1850 mentions that Ira Buckalew and Martha his wife were granted letters of dismission. Source: Ruth Cohlmia.
- Lauderdale Co., MS Court Docket 1852 -- 1855 p. 409, as transcribed by Ruth Cohlmia.
- Lauderdale Co., MS Probate Court Minutes, Book G, p. 163, August Term 1856, as transcribed by Ruth Cohlmia.
- P. 33, family 237.