Eleanor Louise Hart
Female, #2065, (1 Jul 1915 - 18 Aug 1993)
|Birth*||1 Jul 1915 ||Eleanor was born on 1 Jul 1915.1 |
|World War II*||between 1942 and 1945 ||Carlton Culpepper and Eleanor Hart both served as sergeants in the US Marines in the Pacific during WW-II and they married at Quantico at the end of the war. Carlton first enlisted in the Marines on 27 Sep 1940 and was wounded in action during the war.2,3,4 |
|Marriage*||7 Jul 1945 ||She married Carlton Milburn Culpepper at Quantico, Prince William Co., Virginia, on 7 Jul 1945 at age 30. |
|Married Name||7 Jul 1945 || As of 7 Jul 1945, her married name was Culpepper. |
|Death of Spouse||7 Oct 1990 ||Her husband Carlton Milburn Culpepper died on 7 Oct 1990 at Portland, Multnomah Co., Oregon.1,5 |
|Death*||18 Aug 1993 ||She died at Portland, Multnomah Co., Oregon, on 18 Aug 1993 at age 78.1 |
|Burial*||20 Aug 1993 ||Her body was interred on 20 Aug 1993 at Willamette National Cemetery, Portland, Multnomah Co., Oregon.1 |
- National Cemetery Administration, compiler, US Veterans Gravesites, 1775-2006, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2006.
Carlton Milburn Culpepper, 7 Feb 1920 - 7 Oct 1990, Served 13 Aug 1958 to 30 Jun 1962 as GY Sergeant in the US Marine Corps, Interred 10 Oct 1990 in Willamette National Cemetery, Section D, Site 603
Eleanor L. Culpepper, 1 Jul 1915 - 18 Aug 1993, Served 23 Aug 1943 to 5 Sep 1945 as Sergeant in the US Marine Corps, Interred 20 Aug 1993 in Willamette National Cemetery, Section D, Site 603.
- E-mail written 1998 - 2007 to Lew Griffin from David Charles Culpepper (#2093), Portland, Oregon, e-mail address.
- National Archives, compiler, U. S. Marine Corps Muster Rolls, 1798-1940, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2007.
- Bureau of Naval Personnel (Record Group 24 / National Archives at College Park MD), compiler, World War II Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard Casualties, 1941-1945, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2007.
Name: Carlton M Culpepper
Relative Name: Mrs. Mary Williamson
Relative Relationship: Aunt
Country: United States
Type of Casualty: Wounded In Action
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.