Carlton Milburn Culpepper1,2
Male, #2058, (7 Feb 1920 - 7 Oct 1990)
|DNA*|| ||Carlton has been proven by DNA and genealogical research to be a descendant of James Culpepper, son of Robert Culpepper, Jr., who is a grandson of Henry Culpepper of Lower Norfolk, VA. |
|Birth*||7 Feb 1920 ||Carlton was born at Garford, Texas, on 7 Feb 1920.3,4 |
|1930 Census||1 Apr 1930 ||Floyd, Luther, Carlton and Steven was listed as a son in Charlie Humphrey Culpepper's household on the 1930 Census at Ellis Co., Texas.5 |
|Death of Father||22 May 1931 ||His father Charlie Humphrey Culpepper died on 22 May 1931 at Texas. |
|Death of Mother||2 Aug 1932 ||His mother Ruby Jane Blackman died on 2 Aug 1932 at Kaufman Co., Texas.6,7 |
|SSN*||between 1936 and 1950 ||His Social Security Number was issued between 1936 and 1950 in Texas.4 |
|World War II*||between 1942 and 1945 ||Carlton Culpepper and Eleanor Hart both served as sergeants in the US Marines in the Pacific during WW-II and they married at Quantico at the end of the war. Carlton first enlisted in the Marines on 27 Sep 1940 and was wounded in action during the war.1,8,9 |
|Marriage*||7 Jul 1945 ||He married Eleanor Louise Hart at Quantico, Prince William Co., Virginia, on 7 Jul 1945 at age 25. |
|Korean War*||between 1950 and 1953 ||He served in the Korean War between 1950 and 1953|
(U.S. Marine Corps.)
|Death*||7 Oct 1990 ||He died at Portland, Multnomah Co., Oregon, on 7 Oct 1990 at age 70.3,4 |
|Burial*||10 Oct 1990 ||His body was interred on 10 Oct 1990 at Willamette National Cemetery, Portland, Multnomah Co., Oregon.3 |
- E-mail written 1998 - 2007 to Lew Griffin from David Charles Culpepper (#2093), Portland, Oregon, e-mail address.
- E-mail written 1999, 2007 to Lew Griffin from Robert Eugene Culpepper (#2097), e-mail address.
- National Cemetery Administration, compiler, US Veterans Gravesites, 1775-2006, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2006.
Carlton Milburn Culpepper, 7 Feb 1920 - 7 Oct 1990, Served 13 Aug 1958 to 30 Jun 1962 as GY Sergeant in the US Marine Corps, Interred 10 Oct 1990 in Willamette National Cemetery, Section D, Site 603
Eleanor L. Culpepper, 1 Jul 1915 - 18 Aug 1993, Served 23 Aug 1943 to 5 Sep 1945 as Sergeant in the US Marine Corps, Interred 20 Aug 1993 in Willamette National Cemetery, Section D, Site 603.
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- 1930 Federal Census, United States.
ED 38, Sheet 9A, Precinct 6, Ellis Co., TX
Home=$4000, Radio=N, Farm=N
Charlie Culpepper, Head, M, Wh, 46, md@24, TX/TX/TX, Farmer (#1891)
Ruby Culpepper, Wife, F, Wh, 43, md@17, AL/AL/AL
Floyd Culpepper, Son, M, Wh, 15, sng, TX/TX/AL
Luther Culpepper, Son, M, Wh, 14, sng, TX/TX/AL
Carlton Culpepper, Son, M, Wh, 11, sng, TX/TX/AL
Leroy Culpepper, Son, M, Wh, 8, sng, TX/TX/AL
Ollie G. Culpepper, Dau, F, Wh, 3, sng, TX/TX/AL
Willie Brooks, Step-son, M, Wh, 24, md@22, TX/TX/AL, Farm laborer
Velma Brooks, Step-daughter-in-law, F, Wh, 19, md@17, TX/TX/AL,
Melborn O. Brooks , Step-grandson, M, Wh, 4/12, sng, TX/TX/AL.
- Texas Department of Health, compiler, Texas Death Index, 1903-2000, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2006.
Rubie Culpeper, Kaufman Co., Aug 2 1932, 35289 (This death record was tentatively matched to Ruby Jane Blackman Culpepper by her granddaughter, Ruby Sue Culpepper Marshall).
- E-mail written 2001-2009 to Culpepper Connections from Ruby Sue Culpepper Marshall (#2113), 6300 Cliffside Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76134, Phone 817-293-4916, e-mail address.
- National Archives, compiler, U. S. Marine Corps Muster Rolls, 1798-1940, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2007.
- Bureau of Naval Personnel (Record Group 24 / National Archives at College Park MD), compiler, World War II Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard Casualties, 1941-1945, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2007.
Name: Carlton M Culpepper
Relative Name: Mrs. Mary Williamson
Relative Relationship: Aunt
Country: United States
Type of Casualty: Wounded In Action