Earle D. Culpepper1
Male, #1219, (1 Aug 1919 - 18 Jul 2003)
|Birth*||1 Aug 1919 ||He was born on 1 Aug 1919 at Pleasant Grove District, Norfolk Co., Virginia.2,3 |
|1920 Census||1 Jan 1920 ||Earle was listed as a grandson in George William Culpeper's household on the 1920 Census at Pleasant Grove District, Norfolk Co., Virginia.3 |
|1930 Census*||1 Apr 1930 ||Earle was listed as an adopted son in William J. and Lottie Chester's household on the 1930 Census at Washington District, Norfolk Co., Virginia.4 |
|SSN*||between 1936 and 1950 ||His Social Security Number was issued between 1936 and 1950 in Virginia.2 |
|Marriage*||say 1940 ||He married Mildred M. (?) say 1940.5 |
|1940 Census||1 Apr 1940 ||Earle was listed as a son in Arthur Dewey Culpepper's household on the 1940 Census at Pleasant Grove District, Norfolk Co., Virginia.6 |
|Residence*||Jan 1942 ||Earle resided at Norfolk (city), Virginia, in Jan 1942.1 |
|World War II*||between 1942 and 1945 ||He enlisted in Richmond (city), Virginia, and served in World War II between 1942 and 1945|
|Death of Father||8 Sep 1944 ||His father Arthur Dewey Culpepper died on 8 Sep 1944 at Norfolk Co., Virginia.7 |
|Death of Mother||13 Mar 1991 ||His mother Estelle Otica Caton died on 13 Mar 1991 at Palm Beach Co., Florida.8,2 |
|Death*||18 Jul 2003 ||He died at Aurora, Adams Co., Colorado, on 18 Jul 2003 at age 83.2 |
- National Archives and Records Administration, compiler, U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
Earle D Culpepper, White, Single, born 1919 in Virginia, residing in Norfolk Co., Virginia, enlisted as a Private in the US Army on 13 Jan 1942 in Richmond, Virginia.
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- 1920 Federal Census, United States.
ED 132, Sheet 1B, Family 16, 16 Pleasant Grove Road, Pleasant Grove, Norfolk Co., VA
George B. Culpeper, Head, M, Wh, 61, Md, NC/NC/NC, Laborer-Farm
Elizabeth Culpeper, Wife, F, Wh, 57, Md, NC/NC/NC
Dewey Culpeper, Son, M, Wh, 20, Md, NC/NC/NC, Laborer-Working Out
Estelle Culpeper, Daughter in law, F, Wh, 18, Md, NC/NC/NC, Laborer-Farm
Earl D. Culpeper, (Grand)son, M, Wh, 7/12, S, VA/NC/NC.
- 1930 Federal Census, United States.
West Munden, Washington District, Norfolk Co., VA, ED 19, Page 9A, Family 21, Great Budge Rd (8 Apr 1930)
William J. Chester, Head, M, Wh, 57, md@21, NC/VA/VA, Proprietor/General Merchandise
Lottie Chester, Wife, F, Wh, 27, md@17, VA/VA/VA
Gladys Lukes, Adopted Daughter, F, Wh, 13, sng, VA/NC/VA
Earl Culpepper, Adopted Son, M, Wh, 10, sng, VA/VA/VA.
- MyFamily.com Inc., compiler, US Public Records Index, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
- 1940 (16th) US Census, compiled by the US Bureau of the Census, Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1940. T627, 4,643 rolls., Online database at Ancestry.com.
Pleasant Grove District, Norfolk Co., VA, ED 65-8, Web Page 19 (16 Apr 1940)
Lines 4-7, State Highway 27
Dewey Culpeper, Head, M, Wh, 42, NC, 1935 in same place, Carpenter/House Construction
Estelle Culpeper, Wife, F, Wh, 31, NC, 1935 in same place, Seamstress/Furniture Co.
Marjorie Culpeper, Daughter, F, Wh, 19, sng, VA, 1935 in same place, Typist/High School
Earl Culpeper (r), Son, M, Wh, 20, sng, VA, 1935 in same place, Student.
- Find a Grave (online database)
Pleasant Grove Baptist Church Cemetery, 1423 St. Brides Road W, Chesapeake (city), VA
+ Culpepper, Arthur Dewey 82505404, Oct. 10, 1898 - Sep. 8, 1944
+ Culpepper, Estelle Caton 82505427, Apr. 8, 1899 - Mar. 13, 1991.
- State of Florida Health Department / Office of Vital Records, compiler, Florida Death Index, 1936-1998, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2004.
Estelle Caton Culpepper, Cert 32795, Palm Beach Co., FL, White, 08 Apr 1899 - 13 Mar 1991.
- Treasure Coast Palm, Stuart, FL.
Obituary of Marjorie C. Buglione (#42654), published 1 Aug 2009.