Wesley Marcus Culpepper1
Male, #11177, (26 Dec 1919 - 8 Nov 2002)
|DNA*|| ||Wesley has been proven by DNA and genealogical research to be a descendant of Drury Culpepper of Henry Co., AL, who is a great- grandson of Joseph Culpepper and 3-great-grandson of Henry Culpepper of Lower Norfolk, VA. |
|Birth*||26 Dec 1919 ||Wesley was born at Henry Co., Alabama, on 26 Dec 1919.2 |
|1920 Census||1 Jan 1920 ||Wesley was listed as a son in Sylvester H. Culpepper's household on the 1920 Census at Henry Co., Alabama.3 |
|Death of Father||6 Sep 1921 ||His father Sylvester H. Culpepper died on 6 Sep 1921 at Houston Co., Alabama.4,1,5 |
|SSN*||between 1936 and 1950 ||His Social Security Number was issued between 1936 and 1950 in Alabama.2 |
|Marriage*||21 Aug 1941 ||He married Juanita Haymon at Fort Gaines, Clay Co., Georgia, on 21 Aug 1941 at age 21.1 |
|World War II*||between 1941 and 1945 ||He enlisted in Fort McClellan, Calhoun Co., Alabama, and served in World War II between 1941 and 1945|
(Private, US Army.)6,7
|Death*||8 Nov 2002 ||He died at Slocomb, Geneva Co., Alabama, on 8 Nov 2002 at age 82.2 |
|Burial*||circa 11 Nov 2002 ||His body was interred circa 11 Nov 2002 at Ward Wilson Memory Hill Cemtery, Dothan, Houston Co., Alabama.6 |
- Mrs. Marvin Scott, History of Henry County, Alabama, Pensacola, FL: Grank R. Parkhurst, 1961, Repository: LDS Family History Library - Salt Lake City, Call No. US/CAN Book 976.131 D2s.
Pages 212-213: A transcription of the Family Bible of James Calvin Culpepper and Julia Ann Gray.
- U.S. Social Security Administration, compiler, Social Security Death Index (SSDI), Online database at Ancestry.com.
- 1920 Federal Census, United States.
ED 125, Page 21B, Lines 55-60, Beat 7, Henry Co., AL
Vesta Culpepper, Head, M, Wh, 31, md, AL/AL/GA, Farmer
Eva Culpepper, Wife, F, Wh, 33, md, AL/GA/AL
Lizzy Culpepper, Daughter, F, Wh, 8, sng, AL/AL/AL
Ruth Culpepper, Daughter, F, Wh, 4 2/12, sng, AL/AL/AL
Wesley Culpepper, Son, M, Wh, 1/12, sng, AL/AL/AL
Julia Culpepper, Mother, F, Wh, 71, md, AL/AL/AL.
- E-mail written Jun 2002 to e-mail address from Sara Elizabeth Carter, e-mail address.
- State of Alabama Center for Health Statistics / Record Services Division, compiler, Alabama Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2011.
S. B. Culpepper died 6 Sep 1921 in Houston Co., Alabama.
- National Cemetery Administration, compiler, US Veterans Gravesites, 1775-2006, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2006.
Wesley Marcus Culpepper, PVT US ARMY WORLD WAR II, 26 Dec 1919 - 8 Nov 2002, buried at Ward Wilson Memory Hill Cemetery, 2390 Hartford Hwy 52 West, Dothan, Houston Co., Alabama 36305.
- National Archives and Records Administration, compiler, U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2005.
Wesley M. Culpepper, born 1919, White, Native of Alabama; Resided in Alabama; Enlisted on 14 Oct 1941 in Alabama at Fort McClellan in the US Army; Education: Grammar school; Civil Occupation: Automobile Serviceman; Marital Status: Single, without dependents; Height: 65; Weight: 141.
- E-mail written Jan 2011 to Warren Culpepper from Tommy Marcus Culpepper (#62215), Slocomb, Alabama, e-mail address.